How To Apply To The EU Settlement Scheme

On 31 January 2020 the UK left the EU.  There is now a transition period while the UK and EU negotiate additional arrangements. The current rules on trade, travel, and business for the UK and EU will continue to apply during the transition period. If you are an EU citizen currently living in the UK, you can apply under the EU Settlement Scheme to continue living in the UK once the transition period has ended.

Below is guidance on staying in the UK if you are an EU citizen and how to apply under the EU Settlement Scheme.

What Is The EU Settlement Scheme?

Staying In The UK If You Are An EU Citizen

If you are an EUEEA or Swiss citizen, you and your family can apply to the EU Settlement Scheme to continue living in the UK after 30 June 2021. You may be able to stay in the UK without having to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme,  for example, if you’re an Irish citizen or have indefinite leave to remain. [Note: the EEA includes the EU countries and also Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway].

If your application is successful, you will get either settled or pre-settled status and you will be able to continue living and working in the UK after 30 June 2021.

You will not be asked to choose which status you’re applying for. Which status you get depends on how long you’ve been living in the UK when you apply. Your rights will be different depending on which status you get.

For Further Information On The EU Settlement Scheme Click Here

To Apply To The EU Settlement Scheme Click Here

What Is Settled-Status?

EU nationals need to have lived in Britain for five years and can apply for ‘settled-status’.

What is Pre-Settled Status?

EU nationals who have not been in the UK for long enough (less than 5 years) can get ‘pre-settled status’ until the 5 years has been reached.

Your Rights With Settled or Pre-Settled status

You’ll be able to:

  • Work in the UK
  • Use the NHS for free as you do now
  • Enrol in education or continue studying
  • Access public funds such as benefits and pensions, if you’re eligible for them
  • Travel in and out of the UK

Applying To The EU Settlement Scheme You Will Need

  1. Proof of your identity. You will need:
    • An email address and phone number
    • Your current passport or national identity card, if you are a European Economic Area (EEA) or Swiss national
    • Your current passport or UK residence card with a biometric chip, if you are not an EEA or Swiss national
  2. Proof of your residence in the UK, unless you have a valid permanent residence document, or valid indefinite leave to remain in or enter the UK

If you do not have any of these you may be able to use other evidence in certain situations.

When You Can Apply

The EU Settlement Scheme is open. You can apply now, if you meet the criteria. The deadline for applying is 30 June 2021.

How Much Does It Cost?

It is free to apply to the scheme.

For Further Information On The EU Settlement Scheme Click Here

To Apply To The EU Settlement Scheme Click Here

For Information Regarding Our  UK, EU & Global Recruitment Services Contact:

Joanne Telfer


Mob: ++44(0) 7547 761779


Skype: joanne.telfer4
Tel: ++44 (0) 1236 702007

Ten Live Group

Award-Winning Global Recruitment Experts



Leave a Reply

  • (will not be published)

Blog resources to help you


Get in Touch

EmployerJob Seeker
Upload CV or Job Spec
[honeypot other-name]

Please tick to consent to your data being stored inline with the guidelines set out in our privacy policy

I have read the privacy policy and I agree

If you have a general enquiry or would like to contact a Ten Live consultant, please complete the form or use the contact details below.

Job Listings